-

ROSARY MAKERS GUIDE

EASY STEPS to Learn how to make a Rosary or Scapular Try one of our Rosary or Scapular Kits for beginners!

MESSAGE BOARD

Forum Home > With Center, Crucifix or other Findings > Ataching Crucifix to Rosary

Cheryl

Hi, I am fairly new to rosary making. I have made several so far but always seem to have a problem with getting the crucifix to hang straight, in other words front and center  and not turned to one side or the other.  I have tried everything.   Is there some trick to doing this?  I make the beaded rosaries for now not the chain ones. Thanks

Cheryl

October 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mary Meier
Site Owner

As shown in the pictures above, keep your cords as parallel to each other as possible, holding the Crux in place, manipulating it so that once that barrel knot is in place, the Crux is facing front center. Until you give that final hard pull on the knot, you should be able to turn the Crux the way you want it. Think of your Rosary as having a "top" and a "bottom". The top would be the side facing you as you lay your cord over the tool.  Always keep the same side of the beads facing the top. This will keep the cord always facing in the same direction...up..or top...so the Crucifix and Center will always be facing top also.

Hope that helps!

October 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cheryl

Mary Meier at October 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM

As shown in the pictures above, keep your cords as parallel to each other as possible, holding the Crux in place, manipulating it so that once that barrel knot is in place, the Crux is facing front center. Until you give that final hard pull on the knot, you should be able to turn the Crux the way you want it. Think of your Rosary as having a "top" and a "bottom". The top would be the side facing you as you lay your cord over the tool.  Always keep the same side of the beads facing the top. This will keep the cord always facing in the same direction...up..or top...so the Crucifix and Center will always be facing top also.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for that information. I have not actually tried making a corded Rosary yet.   The ones I make are of all beads, wire and crimp beads to secure the beads to the Center and Crucifix. The whole thing piece comes out great until I get to the very end when I attach  the Crucifix and it is turned sideways when I finish.   Some how I am twisting the wires and haven't been able to figure out how to keep them straight. Thank you again for help.

October 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mary Meier
Site Owner

Wire and Crimp bead Rosaries are lovely! (We are bad...we've been promising a Crimp Bead Rosary page for a long, long time...)

Try pinning the decades side of the Rosary to your work board. Pin at the Center piece also, in a straight line. Check your wire to see that it lies in such a way that the beads do not twist.

Pin the "tail" which are actually the beginning beads of the Rosary. Pin your Crucifix in place.

Then loop your wire through crimp and the Crux ring. Position it so the Crux will lie flat, face up, where you want it. Leave your Crux pinned  and move the wires one on top of the other, rather than side by side, while you close the crimp. If its too hard to manipulate your pliers, unpin just the decades.

See if that works, and let us know. -

October 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.