-

ROSARY MAKERS GUIDE

EASY STEPS to Learn how to make a Rosary or Scapular Try one of our Rosary or Scapular Kits for beginners!

MESSAGE BOARD

Forum Home > Share How You Started Making Rosaries > Craft time with my wife

D. Wright RN

My wife and I enjoy doing crafts together.  I was in-between projects looking for a direction to move in.  I wanted to do something that reflected the burgeoning faith that was rapidly becoming a reality.  I had taken the step from praying the rosary with general peace intent, to meditating on the mysteries and wonder of wonders, to actually living the prayers that I was praying.

The journey of life has been a curious one of many adventures.  Some luminous, some sorrowful.  I once was lost, but am finding myself being drawn back to the Father, discovering the me that has been drawn through the fire.

From praying the rosary alone, my desire grew to wanting to pray with others.  I looked to the local catholic church for group prayer time.  I found the info of when and where, but it was for me to step out past fears and ruts.  I felt that holding my rosary, I was hand in hand with the Divine Mother.  

Blessed Mother, what grace you pour out on me your child...what mysteries I had sought are here in the temple, each symbol, each ritual shouts Divine Love.  

Oh Jesus, my time in the presence of your people, your priest, your lovers...these people that together share the common unity of You.  Cleanse me Lord, that your will, your love, shall be mine.

It has been but a few months now and my wife has begun making the rosaries with me.  We share them with people around the world and next door.  I offer free rosaries on craig's list, with the simple intent of peace.  I am finding others like myself, that are hungry for a peace that passes understanding.  What a simple tool we have in the rosary, to access the Divine Presence.

--

March 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.