-

ROSARY MAKERS GUIDE

EASY STEPS to Learn how to make a Rosary or Scapular Try one of our Rosary or Scapular Kits for beginners!

MESSAGE BOARD

Forum Home > With Rosary Guilds > Starting new guild

Templar

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on starting a guild?

I want to approach my pastor and ask him if I can put up fliers asking if anyone would like to join me on a specific Sunday to learn for a few hours. I would ask to use one of the classrooms we have for CCD between our 12pm and 5pm masses.

I would then do that once a month or so to teach new people and to pass out pre-made packets for rosaries (mostly mission).

I would like to spread the word to several parishes in my diocese (I live in a city with lots of parishes and a large Catholic population).

Has anyone done this and/or offer any advice?

God Bless

--

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his own soul? Matthew 16:26

-Mike

September 19, 2012 at 4:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Templar

My pastor agreed to let me use the classrooms on a Saturday. He was actually really excited and was throwing out ideas for sending rosaries to missions. It will be December 1. Please keep me in your prayers.

--

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his own soul? Matthew 16:26

-Mike

November 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mary Meier
Site Owner

So happy for you Mike! We surely will keep the success of your new Guild in our prayers. Its encouraging to hear that your Pastor is enthusiastic. Be sure to check out our Rosary Guild page and our Shipping Tips if you will be sending your rosaries out of the country. We list a number of worthy Missions in need of rosaries HERE. All those listed there have been authenticated, and many of the priests travel from one Mission Chapel to another, so the need for more rosaries is always great.

May God bless your efforts and Our Lady send many Rosary Makers your way!

- Mary

November 1, 2012 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Templar
Thank you! I've been on your site quite a bit but I never saw that page; it has a lot of good info.
--

-Mike

November 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rose Magyar

Templar at November 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM

My pastor agreed to let me use the classrooms on a Saturday. He was actually really excited and was throwing out ideas for sending rosaries to missions. It will be December 1. Please keep me in your prayers.

I'd be interested in knowing how your first meeting went. Prayers your way.

--

Rose Magyar

November 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Templar

It went well. About 8 people showed up, two high school kids from our church youth group (one brought her little sister, they actually made a few on their own), and a few other ladies. We had a good time, they all learned to tie the barrel knots and made a few mission rosaries and one lady was working on a chain link.

--

-Mike

January 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.