-

ROSARY MAKERS GUIDE

EASY STEPS to Learn how to make a Rosary or Scapular Try one of our Rosary or Scapular Kits for beginners!

MESSAGE BOARD

Forum Home > Share How You Started Making Rosaries > The Glory of God

Templar

JMJ-

In February 2011 my wife and I learned that the baby she was carrying at the time had a defect and would not survive long after birth if at all.  We were of course devestated.  I had just reverted to the Church at the end of 2010 (my wife was not Catholic at the time).  I also began praying the rosary with a group of people at my parish.

Coping with this situation I happened to be online one day when I came across an advertisement on a Catholic website for another rosary apostalate and so I looked at it and figured I could learn.  I learned how to make all twine rosaries, and I loved it.  One day while praying the rosary with my chain link rosary I thought 'I can make this!'.

I have since learned how to make all twine, chain link, wire, mission, and bracelet rosaries.  I love this website and have bought quite a bit of kits and other things (love the lap tray!)

Making rosaries is meditative for me.  It calms me down and allows me to focus on something other than my problems in life.

I am glad to say my daughter survived birth and was alive for 9 months, much longer than anyone could have predicted.  And though we are saddened by her passing, much good has come from her life.

Because of my witness to the faith in our situation, my wife decided to join the Church and did this past Easter. She has even learned how to make rosaries and helps me!

I would like to start an actual guild and my city, and hopefully through the grace of God will be able to make lots of rosaries for Our Lady!

God Bless!

--

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his own soul? Matthew 16:26

-Mike

September 19, 2012 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Faye

I loaned my rosary to a friend grieving over her son's death, but inher grief she lost my Rosary, I requested and recieved the crucifix and centerpiece to make my own for my Christmas present this year, now i have taken steps to make it and am practiceing on one for my sister.  I hope I can make one for all my brothers and sisters.

December 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Templar

Awesome Faye, good luck.

--

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his own soul? Matthew 16:26

-Mike

January 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.