-

ROSARY MAKERS GUIDE

EASY STEPS to Learn how to make a Rosary or Scapular Try one of our Rosary or Scapular Kits for beginners!

MESSAGE BOARD

Forum Home > With Center, Crucifix or other Findings > Medals

Shad

Hello all,

I am trying to find some bronze colored medals to attach to a rosary.  St. Aloysius and St. Ignatius.  I will need three of each, so I am trying to spend no more than $5 on each medal.

January 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mary Meier
Site Owner

Hi Shad,

TotallyCatholic.com boasts the largest selection of Saints' medals on the internet, so you might begin your search there. Also try "etsy" and "ebay" to find used items. Bronze medals can be spendy, so you may not be able to find these medals in your price range.

Hope that helps, - Mary

January 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shad

I have checked Etsy and eBay with no luck, but I am excited to check out TotallyCatholic.com!

January 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mary Meier
Site Owner

Hello again Shad,

I talked with my son who is in construction...not rosary making...and posed your problem to him: finding inexpensive bronze rosary parts. He sent me on a quest to find a product that will change ordinary silver/gold finishes to a color of your choosing.

You could start with some inexpensive medals for experimentation, like the Saint Aloysius Medal shown HERE.

Then, invest in a product like this one, follow the instructions on site for actually chemically changing the patina of the metal, and have enough left over for 1000 more medals. (LOL) Neither my son nor I have any idea whether this will work on nickel/aluminum base saints medals.

Or try less expensive product called Rub 'n Buff, available at craft stores.

Anyway...just some ideas we hope will help in your search.

Its actually a wax and metal coating you rub into the medal and polish. It just might create the bronze look you want, without the high cost.

January 11, 2012 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shad

Marvelous! I think I will try the patina stains.

January 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.