ROSARY MAKERS GUIDE

EASY STEPS to Learn how to make a Rosary or Scapular
Try one of our Rosary or Scapular Kits for beginners!

MESSAGE BOARD

Forum Home > With Beads > I am looking for a specific bead

Rose Magyar

When I was in grade school I received a rosary with the most beautiful beads. The bead was oval and had the image of Blessed Mother in it. I lost the rosary in a move several years ago and I have been trying to find a similar bead. Any thoughts? Thanks!

--

Rose Magyar

June 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

rosarymakers
Site Owner

Hello Rose,

We did a quick search but could not find the beads offered separately for sale. However, Rosary Work Shop shows a nice informational display about a "Lourdes Apparition Anniversary Rosary" from 1958.  Oval beads with a tiny statue-like image of Our Lady inside. They give a reference to a seller on ebay. But we have no idea how old this posting might be.  This may be a good starting point for you to do a more thorough search.

May we wish you the best of success in locating this rosary. (We'll offer some prayers for you for the intercession of good St. Anthony.

God bless, - Mary

July 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sr. Rosaire

I have seen these same types of rosaries as well, sometimes with the Infant of Prague, the Sacred Heart, and saints. I have, as yet, never found a source for these beads and am not sure they are even being made anymore. From time to time, they can be found on ebay, but generally go for very high amounts because they are rare and hard to find in good condition. Perhaps if rosary makers unite and generate enough requests for them, someone might put them into production for us.

July 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.