ROSARY MAKERS GUIDE

EASY STEPS to Learn how to make a Rosary or Scapular
Try one of our Rosary or Scapular Kits for beginners!

MESSAGE BOARD

Forum Home > With Finding Parts > Heavy duty center and Crucifix

James7r

Hello,

Does anyone have an idea where I might find a really strong Center or Crucifix? I am making my brother a titanium Rosary, so far I only have beads and wire, and was needing a center and Crucifix other than the usual base metal, ns, silver, or pewter. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

James

May 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rosarymakers
Site Owner

You might try avemariascircle.com. An outfit out of Canada, they offer solid brass Crucifix and Centers at reasonable cost. Although they may have a minumum order amount. You might also vieww some of the beautiful rosaries other members have displayed in our ROSARY GALLERY, especially "Via Rosa" and "Robert's Heirloom Rosaries." They use some particularly beautiful and sturdy look parts. You can contact other members by going to their profile and leaving a message, just as I have on your profile. You might ask where they obtained the parts for their rosaries.

Hope that helps...a little! Best of luck in your search.

- Mary, site Moderator

June 2, 2012 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michael Joseph

FYI - I found a wonderful website called www.freecrucifix.com , all they ask is that one pays shipping and if you are so inclined a donation; their misson in to have a catholic crucifix availible to every home in the USA.

June 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris

Yes Michael, it is a wonderful offer...$15 for shipping and offer a donation. The Crucifix you will receive is beautiful. What a worthy venture! But you will find them at Free Crucifix dot ORG, not dot COM. Thanks so much for the info!.

June 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James7r

Thank you everyome for your replies! I really appreciate it. I'll definately look into all those suggestions. Thats awesome re:free Crucifix. God Bless!

June 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

yvonne

James...

Lewis and Company carries parts to make Clergy Rosaries. They have an excellent Crucifix and Centerpiece and they also have heavy chain, special eye pins and large beads specifically for Clergy Rosaries. I've made a number of them for both of my brothers. One brother belongs to a lay Dominican group and he loves his rosary because the Crucifix is like the ones our priests used when we went to Catholic school and the weight of the Rosary is very substantial. My other brother is a Diocesan priest and his close friend is the Vocation Director for the Diocese of Superior WI. I gave him some for potential seminarians and they have been very well received.

Rosary making is one of the most rewarding creative experiences I have ever had. God and the Blessed Mother are sneaky (lol) and I think they inspired me to start making Rosaries knowing it would bring me closer to Them.

Yvonne

June 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Robert's Heirloom Rosaries

You could also contact Kate at Native Hills Rosaries- here is the link to her EBAY store.  Kate casts her own medals, centers and crucifixes ins Sterling, Copper, Bronze and White Bronze.  If you don't see what you are looking for - tell her- as she has a lot to offer, just a suggestion. 

--

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam inque hominum salutem

http://robertsheirloomrosaries.blogspot.com

September 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WOOPS! forgot Kates link to here store.

http://stores.ebay.com/Native-Hills-Rosaries-and-More?_rdc=1

--

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam inque hominum salutem